As we near the 5th anniversary of our company opening, we’ve decided to “pay it forward” and mark this special occasion by teaming up with the Hawaii Foodbank to help stop hunger in Hawaii. We will be holding a mini food drive – donations from everyone are welcome, but if you donate a minimum of 5 canned goods and wish to have a cake consult for your order, you will receive a FREE consultation ($25 value). Or if you would like to pay the $25 consult fee, we will pass along your entire donation to the Hawaii Foodbank.
The Hawaii Foodbank plays a pivotal role in feeding Hawaii’s hungry. Last year, the nonprofit distributed 12.8 million pounds of food to help feed 183,500 different people in need statewide. A $10 donation alone enables the Hawaii Foodbank to distribute food for 25 meals. Celebrate our birthday with us by making a donation today!
The types of food that are most needed are non-perishable items: canned meats/tuna, canned meals (spaghetti, chili, beef stew), canned soups, canned vegetables and canned fruits.
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 808-542-0131 to schedule your consultation and be sure to note this promotion! Please join us in celebrating our 5th Anniversary from now until the end of July by helping us fight hunger and helping Hawaii’s needy.
Some Facts About Hunger in Hawaii:
- Hawaii’s hungry is about 14 percent of the population and includes over 55,000 children and over 11,000 elderly.
- 32 percent of client households must choose between transportation and food.
- 28 percent of client households must choose between paying for rent/mortgage and food.
- 21 percent of client households served must choose between paying for utilities or food.
- 19 percent of client households served must choose between paying for medical bills or food.